Thursday 22 March 2012

My baby boy, Pedro

Pedro (previously called Chestnut)
(Got'cha 22 June 2011 - approximate age, 2 months)

Those eyes! Those eyes! Stare and fall in love

I found Pedro via Petfinder! It was purely accidental as I stumbled across his profile when I was googling for something else. It was LOVE at first sight. How can you not fall for that googly eyes!

This is the link to his profile :http://www.petfinder.my/pets/21480/

The fosterer's father rescued Pedro, then called Chestnut as he was abandoned by his own mother in a temple. To cut a long story short, I got my hubby to drive all the way down to Bangsar (200km from Ipoh) to bring little Pedro home on my birthday. Besides, Kat needs a playmate (my excuse ... but it was those eyes that got to me heart haha!)

I renamed him Pedro, because on the day he arrived, he had a mustache (which I thought was his colour) and thought that he looked like a handsome Mexican. After a nice good wash, the mustache was GONE! It was dirt! Haha! But Pedro it was and he loves the name too ;)

Day 1 at home - hiding behind the sofa

Day 2 at home - much braver now
On the first day, Kat hissed at poor Pedro and I gave myself 3 days for them to become friends. Less than 24 hours later, there they were playing police and thieves! Kat being 4 months, was double his size. But they are best pals nonetheless, and the beginning of mayhem in my otherwise quiet house :)

They like to snuggle up with one another (Pedro - 6 mths, Kat - 8 mths)




The day he was found!

1 comment: