Friday 9 March 2012

Meet KAT

Meet Kat!
(Got'cha 3 April 2011 - approximate age, 3 months)


Kat playing with a toilet roll 'toy'
 She's the first cat I adopted off the streets since I moved to the Tin Valley to commence work.

I went to adopt a rabbit from a good friend of mine as she couldn't care for it due to health reasons. When I collected the rabbit (named Jo), there were 4 kittens lounging at my friend's house porch. She said "Joy! Do take one or more, there's so many strays here ...". I said that I would think about it as I prepared to load the rabbit into my car.

She was very active and playful and she stole my heart right away. So she ended up being bundled up in the cat carrier together with Jo.


Kat fascinated with my smelly bag pack!
Kat! Is the view nice from up there?

Kat is very talkative and expressive. She would bully Jo when she could, although Jo is bigger than her. We had Jo and Kat for 5 weeks before Pedro came into our family (and that's another story) :-)


Kat & Jo

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I used to have a rabbit and two cats living together - bu the rabbit was a New Zealand great and he was HUGE. Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Au and Target (and Guido!)

    Jo is quite large now as well. She's not the flemish giant but a large golden palomino :-)

    ReplyDelete