Thursday 29 March 2012

Hope, Faith and Love

Hope, Faith and Love

I am an active volunteer in Ipoh SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and when I first started, my heart would break each week when there were new cats abandoned by their owners as well as those that died from sickness.

Let me tell you a story about these 3 siblings that nearly died from very bad flu.

Hope, Faith and Love (these photos are taken after they were better ~ also for their 'For adoption' promo pix)

  
Hope, Male (age approx 3 months/ Oct 2011)

Faith, Female (age approx 3 months / Oct 2011)

Love, Female (age approx 3 months / Oct 2011)

On Sunday, 30th October 2011, I did my usual volunteer work at ISPCA. I noticed that the 3 new kittens abandoned the week before (Hope, Faith and Love) were very very ill. Love was almost lifeless, extremely dehydrated and couldn't move. Faith was able to move her head up but otherwise also lying on her side and very dehydrated. Hope was able to move, but he too, was dehydrated.  My heart broke to a million pieces then and I packed them up into a carrier and rushed them to a vet that I knew was opened on a Sunday.

There, Love had to boarded at the Vet for a few days as she had to go on drip. Hope and Faith needed medication as well as (force) feeding / drinking over the next few days and I took it upon myself to foster them. Hope had a 'deformed' right front paw and the Vet helped me bandaged it first. We'll treat that when he is better.

The first day of a long journey!



It was a harrowing 3 weeks journey! Truly a touch and go situation! I had so little sleep, rushed home during lunch time to feed them water and Hills A/D. Sometimes, they could only eat 3mls of A/D and 3mls of water. It was a SCARY experience for me. Brought them to 3 different vets and to top it off, i said a prayer for and with them, and sang to them every time I was with them. Each feeding time took me easily an hour!

Faith when she was in her worst condition - see the fur :(



It was a truly learning experience for me and after a week plus, Love got better first, followed by Faith and lastly Hope. 3 weeks of struggles, 3 weeks of hope and 3 weeks of putting my faith in God. It was truly a miracle that they pulled through and by God's grace they were healed. Because of the experience, all 3 of them, from feral kittens have became such loving ones. 

Love has been adopted. Hope and Faith are still available for adoption. Both Hope and Faith have been neutered / spayed and are indoor trained. But they MUST be adopted together as Faith can be a bit jittery and would need her brother's strength and confidence.  They are now approximately 8 months (March 2012) and would bring joy to your home. Do bear in mind, that Hope has only 3 fully functional legs but he still uses his deformed leg to run, scratch and is oblivious to his deformity. He doesn't need amputation as his body has made natural adjustments to ensure that his bones do not get hurt when he runs (yes! he runs!)

I cannot send them back to SPCA. They deserve to live a happy life after what they've been through.



No comments:

Post a Comment