Tuesday 17 July 2012

MAORI B-I-T-E

It's the Mommy here to tell the story behind what actually happened.

It was a normal Tuesday morning, 10th  July 2012, and was getting ready for work.
The night before, I had set up a cat trap to capture any one of the strays for spaying/ neutering. It was my first attempt and I managed to catch a Tom Cat.

Now, Maori hates the Toms outside the house. That morning, he was truly unhappy.  I did my routine, feeding, litter cleaning and as I had opened the windows, I wanted to close them before Maori managed to pull the wire mesh (he did it before) and gets out and fight with any of the strays out there. 

So out i went, and closed the windows (need to do this from outside).  When I opened the door and walked in, left foot first, suddenly there was this large ball of fur that jumped and attacked my foot. Maori must have thought that the stray cat was going in!

All I could do was yell, MAORI! MAORI! STOP!!! It was a good 5 seconds of intense biting. Could only yell for Daddy to come down and help me as i was bleeding non-stop and the puddle of blood was growing by the seconds.  The doctor was surprised my hands were not injured. I said to him, I am not foolish. Who wants to use hands. Just let him bite, at least it will only be the foot that is hurt. >.<

Ouch!
Was given medical leave and advised to do daily dressings. 3 puncture wounds (one that hit a minor artery) and many many scratches. If it weren't so swollen and painful, I would have enjoyed my 8 days break from work. Did have to work from home though, but the nurses were there to keep me company, and they were on shifts too! Hehehe

Nurse Hope on sleeping duty


Thanks for all your concerns and Get Well wishes.  Am back to work now. Still bandaged, still on antibiotics, but can walk almost properly again (yeay!) and trying very hard not to scratch!

God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so understand the experience. Was bitten on my left hand by a stray cat with numerous scratches on my right. Was bleeding profusely as well. This was back in Feb this year. The scars are fading but still noticeable (the scratches on my forearm). :)
    Glad your foot is healing. And yeah, DON'T SCRATCH! :)
    Next time when you catch strays, try to keep Maori in a room first. I have to do that with Cosmo because he gets very upset and then he'll redirect his aggression towards Ling (not a pretty sight). And keep up the good work of TNR!

    PS/ Are you able to remove the Word Verification? The jumbled up words are almost impossible to decipher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I didn't know i have that word verification thingy! Good thing you told me ... will check and see if I can remove it. Thanks so much! XX Joy XX

      Delete
  2. adoiii.....sakitnya!

    makan antibiotik kasi habis tau...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 round antibiotik dh habis... esok gi jumpa doktor, maybe kena makan round 3 sbb bengkak tak habis lg!

      Delete